Clintonville Academy faculty encourage students to be and do their very best. Nurturing a girl’s or boy’s enthusiasm for a new challenge is one of the benefits of our small class size. So it’s no surprise that our individual and group achievements span academics, sports and creative endeavors.
- The Iowa Test of Basic Skills is given to all Clintonville Academy students in grades K through 8 each February. CA students’ scores average well above grade level in every grade.
- Half of all CA students in grades 4 to 8 qualified to take the A.C.T. or S.A.T. with other talented students from the Midwest this year.
- CA was awarded an E.P.A. grant in 2011 that allowed us to study local water quality.
- Our robotics team has placed second, third and twelfth in world competitions in the FIRST Tech Challenge, besting thousands of teams from across the United States and around the globe. In the competition, teams of students design, build and program their robots to complete assigned and team-directed tasks that require engineering, programming and team-building skills.
- Our choir won a piano through Sunny 95’s holiday music contest, Christmas Idol.
- Our soccer team took first place in the 2011 season-end tournament.
- Middle school social studies students placed top in their age groups in a writing competition; each won a laptop computer.
- Our school-wide recycling and “green” initiatives earned us a Buckeye Best Bronze Award for meeting “Healthy School” requirements from the State of Ohio.
- Middle school essayists and creative writers regularly win local awards from service and civic organizations.