Clintonville Academy encourages our students, faculty, and staff to be and do their very best. It’s no surprise that our individual and group achievements span academics, sports and creative endeavors. Additionally, our alumni achieve amazing things after they leave CA! Here’s a glimpse at some of the unique and special accomplishments we are especially proud of:
- The Iowa Test of Basic Skills is given to all Clintonville Academy students in grades K through 8th each February. CA students’ scores average well above grade level in every grade. In 2013, the 8th grade class scored above the 12th grade level in all core curriculum areas on the Iowa Test.
- 63% of all students in grades 5 through 8 qualified to take the SAT or ACT based on having scores above the 95th percentile in a category of the Iowa Test. (Spring 2013)
- More than 50% of the 8th grade class earned merit scholarships to college preparatory high school programs in 2013.
- Since 2003, CA students have achieved on average a 98% conduct score.
Arts, Culture, and Extracurricular Achievements
- Alex W., 6th Grade, took 1st place in the Ohio State Outdoor Archery Championships in the male, recurve, bowman category. He also was named the 2014 State Archery All Around champion in the male, recurve bowman classification.
- Sabrina, 2nd Grade, received an award for her story about Chinese New Year at the Chinese Language Story telling Competition December 2013.
Community Service Achievements
- Our school-wide recycling and “green” initiatives earned us a Buckeye Best Bronze Award for meeting “Healthy School” requirements from the State of Ohio.
- 4th grader Giulia V. recently collected and donated 25 pairs of shoes for the Franklin County Children’s Services office for needy children in December 2013.
- Rachel Rockwell, CA Class of 2006, is currently studying Social Work at The Ohio State University. Last year, she took a service learning trip to Guatemala and she is currently in the process of developing a homeless immersion program for students and adult groups.
- Katie Leemhuis, CA Class of 1997, is a professional opera singer. She holds degrees from Oberlin College and Indiana University.
- Alumna Jillian Hewitt, CA Class of 2003, was recently accepted to Yale Law School, after attending Princeton University. She shared, “CA encouraged me to begin thinking about how I could do good for the world. What’s more, the school made me feel empowered. Like I could change the world.”
- Alumna Morgan Hall, CA Class of 2011 and a junior at DeSales High School, is studying in New Zealand as an international student January-July 2014. Marni Hall (Morgan’s mother) wrote, “Clintonville Academy helped prepare my daughter to be a global citizen. I’m amazed by her maturity and confidence that started with a solid foundation at CA.”
Teacher & Staff Achievements
- Our CA teachers and staff are very special people! In their free time, they do amazing things too, like completing marathons, making and selling beautiful pottery, volunteering, rescuing animals, and much more!
Submit Cougar Achievements!
CA parents, teachers, and students are invited to submit “Cougar Achievements and Notable News” via our online submission form.